Well, I know it is not considered proper to announce the age of a lady, so I will not do that. On this, my wife’s birthday, I am simply going to choose to list 44 reasons why I love my wife. If you read anything into that, it’s on you. I am innocent of any type of skullduggery. Well, here goes!
44. The best-tasting roast beef to ever come out of a crock-pot.
43. My vitamin container would never be full.
42. All the opportunities I have had to do home renovation!
41. The roll of her eyes when I tell a bad joke. (Because I am sure she loves all the jokes and is simply feigning disgust in hopes that I will continue to fill her life with laughter.)
40. She exposed me to Downton Abbey, and she was right!
39. Her beautiful brown eyes that just make my heart melt.
38. The way she says “bagel”. She thinks I make fun of her, but it’s cute.
37. Her eye for design in our house. She is amazing.
36. Her “happy dance” when she is excited about something.
35. The way she takes care of people when she sees a need.
34. Her organizational abilities. (Really, people. She is worth hiring to come into your home and help you with this stuff. You should see her sock drawer!)
33. The joy she shows when taking pictures and recording the memories of our family trips and events.
32. Her planning skills for vacations. (We do a good job together on this one, but she is Awesome!)
31. The joy that just poured out of her when she told me we were going to have our kids.
30. Her sacrificial spirit when it comes to our family.
29. That she only likes the red jellybeans.
28. Scheduling. (Seriously, It’s like there is a gene or a gland or something that I don’t have and she has one bigger than my fist!)
27. She trusts me.
26. The way she laughs when you even mention the movie “Old Dogs.”
25. Her forgiving heart.
24. She went out with me for the first time 24 years ago in September.
23. Her mutual agreement that we do not play board games due to the inherent family dysfunction they bring into a family of first-born type personalities.
22. Without her I would never have known the importance of a bed skirt – maybe not even the definition…
21. 21 years of marriage next month
20. Chicken Parmesan in the crock-pot. Yep. That good!
19. The way she dreams with me about our future, our home, and our plans.
18. Her forgiving spirit.
17. Her desire to grow in Christ.
16. She gave me two great kids
15. She shows me unconditional love and support.
14. Her “pushes” to get me out of my comfort zone and do new things. (Disclaimer: This should not be viewed as a free pass to gut my closet or anything else.)
13. How she doesn’t rub my nose it when I am wrong. (+95% of the time, and I probably deserve it about +99% of the time!)
12. Late night talks that end with us just falling asleep without knowing it. (Maybe that’s not a good thing on my part…)
11. The way she just fits in my arms.
10. Her laugh.
9. The respect she gives me.
8. The way she lets me take care of her.
7. That she brings me breakfast at work from time to time.
6. She agreed to be my wife.
5. All the time we have spent and will spend working together on projects.
4. She is generous.
3. She is a hard worker.
2. She loves me.
1. She is my best friend.
Of all the items on this list, that last one is probably the reason that we are so happy together. She is an amazing lady, and this list just scratches the tip of the iceberg that is Tammi. I’m a blessed man to be sure.
Tammi, I wish you the happiest of birthdays, and with all the craziness of life right now, I want you to know that I love you very much, and I cannot begin to tell you the joy you fill me with. If it were not for you, your support, and your love, I would probably not be what I am today.
They say that for every good man, there is a good woman behind him. Well, if I’m a good man, it is because you are at my side where God intended you to be as we journey life together. Having you there allows us to be in tight relationship and helps us stay on the same page – even if I have to have you help me read the big words!
This year, I pray that God will bless you in many ways. That He will show Himself strong to you, that your trust in Him would grow easily, and your comfort in Him will be complete. I’m glad that as we walk, our Relentless desire is to grow closer together as we grow closer to Him.
Happy Birthday, Babe! I love you!